December 16, 2021
December 16, 2021
Important News regarding this weekend’s updates (Please review this carefully)
The annual update, scheduled for Saturday, December 18 and Sunday, December 19, will proceed as planned.
- This means that DukeHub will be inaccessible for all of the upcoming weekend. Just as with the patches for the Log4J vulnerability, the weekend updates are required and will further protect Duke and the Duke community’s data.
- SISS will send a daily update each morning to keep you aware of any changes, or you can refer to our Alerts page.
- Parchment transcript ordering services will be unavailable throughout the weekend
Currently, all production systems (the ones we use each day) are online. This includes the following:
- DukeHub – Functioning as normal, with some issues reported below.
- Tableau – Functioning as normal.
- Perceptive Content – Functioning as normal.
Non-Production Systems (These include our development and testing environments. Most users do not access these systems.)
Resolved!! – Non-Production systems are back online.
Please note, additional patches will be applied in TST and UAT throughout Wednesday, so it is possible that users might be knocked out at different points throughout the day.
Duke OIT has applied the patches sent by Oracle, the primary vendor for the systems that run DukeHub to our non-Production environments. These have been applied to all environments (including DEV, TST and UAT), and we are working to verify system security and stability. Once verified, we will apply these fixes to Production. We will keep users posted as to the timing of these updates.
- Tableau TST remains offline.
Users have reported several different issues in PRD. These issues may be related to work being done to update our system. Importantly, we believe the downtime scheduled this evening will correct most, if not all, of these issues.