December 14, 2021
December 14, 2021
Good Morning All
Below is an update that we are asking you to share with all users in your office who might be impacted by this past weekend's outage.
Currently, all production systems (the ones we use each day) are back online. This includes the following:
- DukeHub – Functioning as normal, with some issues reported below.
- Tableau – We have noticed that Tableau is refreshing slightly slower than usual, but otherwise, functioning as normal.
- Perceptive Content – Functioning as normal.
Resolved - The SATS issue has been resolved.
All non-Production systems remain offline. These will remain offline until all systems are patched and secure. (More about this below)
Users have reported several different issues in PRD. These issues may be related to work being done to update our system.
- Query Manager – Users are experiencing inconsistency when removing a record from a query. This happens intermittently when the small ‘minus’ sign is clicked to remove the record.
Work-around - It appears that clicking multiple times will eventually trigger the removal, or closing the query and re-opening also seems to help.
- Page Save Inconsistency - We have found that for several of the pages our users visit on a daily basis, DukeHub is displaying inconsistency when attempting a Save.
- FA - Both the Maintain Budgets page and the Student Award pages have shown inconsistency in posting/saving data. Both pages appear to save changes made, but if a user exits the page, and then re-enters it, the data is not there.
SR - Newly Reported - Changes made to the Program/Plan pages will occasionally not save.
SR - Newly Reported - Faculty have reported difficulty in submitting grades through DukeHub. Help Desk and SISS-Ops have asked users to clear cache and try again. This seems to help in some of the instances.
CC - Newly Reported - External Organization page saves inconsistently, or not at all.
Newly Reported - Users have reported getting kicked out of PRD unexpectedly. They can then log back in, but this behavior is disruptive.
- Navigation icons on the Homepages (top right corner) are not displaying correctly. This only occurs on Homepages, and only occurs when using the Firefox browser.
Work-Around - We now have a work-around for this issue. Ctrl+Shift+R will force a ‘hard-refresh’ from the web-server, and force the icons to re-appear. The icons will stay in place as long as you are logged into the instance.
A little Good News
Oracle, the primary vendor for the systems that run DukeHub, has sent a set of patches that will address the security vulnerabilities with which we are addressing. These will be applied to our non-Production environments first to verify their workability. Once verified, we will apply to Production. We will keep users posted as to the timing of these updates.
We are aware these issues pose a real inconvenience to our users. All of these problems are being reviewed, and our OIT partners are working to determine a cause and fix.
SISS will send a daily update each morning to keep you aware of any changes, or you can refer to our Alerts page.